This is the place where you can share your adult child of an alcoholic story or share your story of being part of any kind of dysfunctional family. It is not always JUST alcohol or drugs that causes our grief, guilt, or shame.
Sometimes we need to have someone listen, without judgement, without adding to our shame or our guilt. Sometimes it is better if we don’t know the person we are telling and have the safety of never knowing who they are. Please, share your story…
- Put your story into the Comment box at the end of the page. It will be seen only by me, Lexxie, until it is approved for posting. You can include any notes to me about your story, if you wish. Just make sure that it is clear they are not part of the story.
- Include your name (or SOME name) to give it that personal feel.
- Include an email address. It will never be revealed. This is in case I have a question before I post your story.
- I may edit it for grammar or readability, but I will not change your story…
- Try to keep it to a manageable length for a blog post. Yeah, I know, adult children what specific guidelines, but just say what you need to say.
- If you have become involved with a 12 step program it might be nice to say so, but don’t feel obligated.
That’s all there is to it!
I am really looking forward to hearing your story, because for me, it was sitting around the tables, listening to everyone else telling their story, that I found out my life was not unique. There are more people than we would ever believe who have lived parts of our lives. They may be in a different town, or even a different country, but it feels as though they are telling our story.
Just Lexxie, Chatterin’ Again!